Shrubs / Trees / Hedging /Conifers
Never mind how big – or small – your garden is, shrubs can grow everywhere. Shrubs are woody plants that quickly grow around your garden, or serve as a border between two areas. Ripley Nurseries offers both container-grown shrubs and bare-root shrubs. If you want to cheer up your garden by planting shrubs, follow our tips on how to grow a shrub and how to take care of shrubs. In our webshop, you order shrubs and other indispensable garden plants. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Evergreen shrubs UK
Some shrubs offer beautiful leaves all year round. Evergreen shrubs from Ripley Nurseries make your garden look good at any time of the year. Even during winter, evergreen shrubs show lushy deep green leaves that make your garden look lovely.
- For example, plant Skimmia japonica for deep green leaves all year round and impressive reddish flowers in late summer.
- One of the most versatile shrubs in our assortment is the Buxus sempervirens. This plant has so many different uses and will grow in virtually any situation and any soil.
- If you’re looking for an extraordinaire look, choose Cordyline australis Red Star with its long, thin, arching bronze-red leaves. Cordyline australis Red Stars are ideal for growing in pots and make your garden look lovely.
If you have any questions about our wide range of shrubs, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Winter flowering shrubs
Most shrubs look amazing, all year long, but if you want to add an extra dimension to your garden in winter, you should choose winter flowering shrubs. Beautiful winter flowering shrubs as Viburnum tinus ‘Gwenllian’, Skimmia x confusa ‘Kew Green’, and Mahonia x media ‘Underway’ boost your winter garden. We have a wide range of shrubs available in our garden centre. In our webshop, we have a small assortment available to order online. We would love to help you decorate your garden with the right shrubs. We believe that shrubs exist for any type of garden. Please contact us if you have any questions about what shrubs to choose.
If you’re looking for shrubs for pots, Ripley Nurseries has a beautiful range for you to explore. We offer beautiful Laurus Nobilis trees, Olive trees, and Buxus Sempervirens. Shrubs give your garden, front yard or patio a lovely look. Bring nature to your outdoor by planting shrubs. Here’s how to plant container-grown shrubs:
- Give your pot-grown shrub good water until it’s completely soaked.
- Dig a hole that’s a little deeper than the pot depth and at least three times as wide.
- Loosen up the soil to help the roots penetrate. Mix in organic matter like garden compost to provide the right nutrients and drainage.
- Place the shrub in the plant hole and make sure the shrub is at the same level it was in its pot.
- Refill the hole with dug-out soil and organic mix. Firmly tamp the ground around the shrub with your heel or shoe.
- Add a 5-8 cm (2-3 in) layer of much or wood chips.
Shrubs for shade
Some gardens aren’t privileged with much sunlight. Fortunately, Ripley Nurseries offers many beautiful shrubs that do well in the shade. Is your garden shaded by trees, walls or garden buildings? No worries, we have the perfect shrub for you. Discover our range of shade-tolerant shrubs and cheer up your garden.
- Skimmia japonica rubella is a shade-loving evergreen shrub that adds colour to your garden nearly all year round.
- Acer plants thrive in the dark, wet and even cold parts of the garden. We have a variety mix of beautiful Acer plants available in our webshop.
- Choisya ternata Brica does best in full sun but will grow well in semi-shade.
Even if you don’t have a large outdoor space, small shrubs will fit. We offer ornamental standard bay trees ideal for both containers or growing in the ground. You keep bay trees in the shape you want by occasionally trimming the tree you want. Small shrubs come in many different sizes and varieties. We have small trees, bushes, Bonsais for outdoor and even Lavandula plants to add colour and scent to your garden. No need to think that shrubs might not fit in your garden, because Ripley Nurseries offers small shrubs for any size of gardens.
Buy shrubs online
Choose your favourite shrubs from Ripley Nurseries’ webshop and let your plants delivered to your home. Check if your postal code is in our delivery area. Place your order, fulfil your payment online and simply wait for our deliverer to deliver your shrub to your doorstep. At Ripley Nurseries, we want to make sure our customers enjoy their gardens more than ever. Please contact us if you have any questions. We are always happy to help you out. Find our contact details on the contact page. We look forward to welcoming you to our garden centre in Ripley.